We define sustainability as a long-term approach to including our social, economic and environmental responsibilities among our business priorities. Baxter's efforts in this area align with and support our mission of saving and sustaining lives.
Responsible Corporate Citizen
The combined charitable giving from Baxter India and The Baxter International Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Baxter, has helped expand access to healthcare, particularly for the disadvantaged and underserved.
Baxter India and its employees have helped support a host of initiatives to benefit society over the years.
- Baxter, along with Rotary International, has supported the Government's Pulse Polio eradication program.
- Baxter provided financial support to Concern International for projects to educate street children and to increase AIDS awareness in the trucking community.
- Baxter employees worked tirelessly to collect and disburse IV solutions and emergency provisions desperately needed by victims of the Tsunami in December 2004.
- A team of Baxter employees invested hundreds of hours into building homes for the economically underprivileged, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
- Other initiatives taken by employees included blood donation camps, the introduction of solar-powered lighting at the plants as part of Baxter's strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and other volunteer activities.
- A grant from The Baxter International Foundation helped AmeriCares establish a regional warehouse and distribution network in India, in 2008 for the underserved and disadvantaged, significantly increasing access to essential health products.
- Other grants from The Baxter International Foundation have been used by Chronic Care Foundation in India to spread awareness of chronic diseases and to improve healthcare for communities living in extreme poverty.